Monday, January 28, 2013

Politically Idle...


            I did not vote in the 2012 – 2013 election because I am not the most politically aware person.  I know a decent amount of information about the candidates running, but I decided to not take the extensive amount of time needed to truly know each candidates views.  There are many biased articles online, and it is exhausting trying to sort them all out.  In all honesty, I don’t believe my single vote out of millions could change an election.  Even if there was a circumstance where it could happen, the election would be so close; both candidates should be well enough qualified.  That is why I did not vote, because I believe my vote would be negligible compared to the million others out there and not worth the time.  I agree that there are things changing in our country that I would not like to change, but I won’t always get the President I want by voting anyways.
            Next election, I might vote.  It depends on the things going on in my life at that moment.  I believe by next election I will be in Pharmacy School so I will probably be pretty busy, but I will try to make it a point to be more politically aware.  If I feel like I know the candidates well enough to make an educated political decision, then I will most likely vote.  I think it is good to know about the things occurring in our country and the future that it will be heading towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment